Are you an Employer?
Sheridan Community Employment Services offers employers a variety of free services:
Job Boards & Web Site
Post your position vacancies with us free of charge and target local candidates who are ready to work. You give us the details and the deadline and we will get the word out for you.
Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
Employers may be eligible to receive training incentives and supports to train new employees. To be eligible to participate, your organization must adhere to the following conditions:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision described in the training plan
- Place trainees on the company payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as for other employees
- Comply with the occupational health and safety act in addition to the employment standards Act
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage, have adequate third party general liability insurance and comply with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation and regulations
Free Interview and Meeting space
We have meeting rooms available onsite. Call us to make a reservation. Internet access is available.
Labour Market & Job Searching Support for Employees with Pending Layoff Notices
If your company is facing layoffs, please connect with us. We can offer your employees a variety of support and services including:
- Re-connecting individuals to the labour market
- Educating individuals on their employment options and advising appropriate retraining programs.
- Job search preparation & support
Complimentary Assistance with Job Fairs
If your company is thinking of holding a job fair give us a call. We can offer assistance in the form of free meeting space, promotion of your event to active job seekers, and help on the day of the event.
Assistance with Resume Collection
If you are hiring for a position and do not want daily business operations to be interrupted by job seekers calling and dropping in unexpectedly try giving us a call. We are happy to collect resumes for your position while leaving your corporate identity anonymous.
Provide us with the details of your posting and a deadline for applications and we will forward them on to you so you can complete the selection process.
If the nature of your business lends itself to a high employee turnover we have a solution for you.
Try placing your application forms in our permanent Application Centre. Apprenticeship Supports and Incentives
As part of the Government of Ontario’s commitment to increasing the amount of individuals employed in the skilled trades, there are a variety of programs and services offered to eligible employers including:
• Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
• Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
• Employer Signing Bonuses