Applications to Sheridan are submitted electronically, on a year-round basis, to ontariocolleges.ca. Instructions are also available online via ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants to the 2013-2014 cycle who have prior education from outside of Canada will be advised by an email from ontariocolleges.ca of next steps for credential assessment. If you have any questions, please call ontariocolleges.ca at 1-888-892-2228.
60 Corporate Court
Toll free: 1-888-892-2228 (in Canada only)
How to apply
The quickest and easiest way to apply to Sheridan is by visiting the ontariocolleges website.
How to confirm an offer of admission
You may view and confirm our offer of admission online by visiting www.ontariocolleges.ca/confirm. In order to secure your place in the program, you must confirm by the deadline date noted at ontariocolleges.ca. For those who prefer not to confirm online, please call the ontariocolleges.ca Customer Contact Centre to confirm your offer over the phone.
There is a $95 application fee which must be submitted with your application, entitling you to apply to up to five program choices, with no more than three choices at any one college. If you have international credentials, you will require credential evaluation from either World Education Services (WES) or ICAS Canada. Once you have applied, ontariocolleges.ca will advise you of next steps via email. Credential evaluation fees will apply.
What do I need to do about my transcripts?
What you need to do depends on a number of things:
- If you are in high school in Ontario - let your guidance office know that you are applying to college and they will send your transcripts to ontariocolleges.ca for you.
- If you are currently in high school in another Canadian province - you need to send one (1) official transcript to ontariocolleges.ca
- If you are out of high school - you need to arrange with your last high school to have one (1) official transcript sent to ontariocolleges.ca. Depending on where you went to high school, you may be able to request your transcript electronically through the transcript request service at ontariocolleges.ca. If not, contact your last high school directly.
- If you have attended an Ontario college or university - order your official transcripts through the transcript request service at ontariocolleges.ca
- If you attended a college or university outside Ontario, but still in Canada - you must request that the institution you attended send an official transcript to www.ontariocolleges.ca
- If you have attended any educational institution outside of Canada, you will need to have your credentials assessed either by World Education Services (WES) or ICAS Canada. Once you have applied, ontariocolleges.ca will advise you of next steps via email. Credential evaluation fees will apply.
For more information, and a complete list of Sheridan programs and the credential evaluation that is recommended or required, please see: credential_evaluation.sheridancollege.ca
For the September 2013 term, the following dates apply:
(Applications for students wishing to enter the January and May terms are processed year round and are not subject to the same timelines):
All applications received by ontariocolleges.ca on this date are considered equally.
Decisions about applicants who will be admitted to Sheridan for the September term may be issued beginning February 1. Offers of admission to programs that require supplemental assessments (e.g. portfolios, auditions, résumés, etc.) are issued later in March.
Applicants who are offered admission to a program must accept their offer at ontariocolleges.ca using their online account. Sheridan will be notified of this decision.
Applicants offered admission up to the beginning of April will be required to confirm their program choice by May 1. For offers of admission sent after that date, applicants must make their decision by the date indicated on their offer of admission letter. Applicants who respond after the deadline risk losing a place in the program.
All fees are payable by the fee deadline date established by Sheridan. If fees are not paid by this date, there is a risk of losing a place in the program.
Applicants with Documented Disabilities
We encourage applicants with disabilities to contact the Accessible Learning Services office as soon as possible to ensure needs are met in a timely manner. All disabilities require supporting documentation before accommodations can be put in place.
Trafalgar Road: 905-845-9430, ext. 2530 or email: email@example.com
Davis: 905-459-7533, ext. 5400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STC: 905-845-9430, ext. 2618 or email: email@example.com
HMC: 905-845-9430, ext. 5737 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org