Sheridan is proud to have over 4,000 employers from the public and private sectors that have participated in co-op partnerships. By hiring students, employers develop positive relationships with future graduates and help students develop the skills and experience that companies look for in potential employees.
There are lots of reasons to hire a co-op/internship student. Some of the best include:
- It is a cost-effective solution for short-term hiring needs; employers get quality skills at affordable prices
- It is an excellent way to evaluate potential employees
- Students bring fresh, innovative ideas to your company. By hiring a student every 4 months, you can take advantage of a continuous supply of new and creative approaches to your business
- It is an investment that you make in attracting dedicated employees
- There is an Ontario Tax Credit available for employers of co-op/internship students. The credit can total as much as $3,000 per student per paid work term. For further information, please click
Co-operative Education Tax Credit.
For a copy of the Co-op - Internship Employer Manual please click Co-op – Internship Employer Manual.